Title: Autonomous Vehicles: what are the roadblocks?
Organisation: PA Consulting
Date uploaded: 28th November 2017
Date published/launched: November 2017
In an attempt to answer that question, this research looks beyond the technology and reveals what needs to happen across policy, public acceptance, law enforcement and more, to make connected autonomous vehicles (CAVs) on UK roads a reality.
The report outlines why:
• Technology lags in the UK compared with other countries
• Regulation could be a roadblock
• Users will need convincing
• Insurers could be quickest to evolve
• We risk creating a 'twin-speed' world, where national and international progress is made at different rates
The report also suggests the right steps to take to ensure that the UK can keep pace, as we move to a new world of autonomy.
For more information contact:
Help Forum posts
Speed activated traffic lights
Francis Bernstein (16.01.19)
Matthew McDonald (16.01.19)
Cycle Training Booking Systems
Emma Downey (16.01.19)
Social media - evaluation
keith baldock (14.01.19)
Adult pedestrian training/refresher/reminder
Nick Ellis (11.01.19)