Title: National Accident Prevention Strategy
Organisation: Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
Date uploaded: 24th October 2018
Date published/launched: October 2018
Thge strategy also says the needs of vulnerable road users must become a priority in local planning processes if the road deaths and serious injuries are to be reduced.
The strategy aims to achieve a step-change in the delivery of evidence-based accident prevention programmes across England, promote safe and active lives and reduce the burden of serious accidental injury on society.
The strategy also calls for:
• Pedestrian training for children at Key Stages 1 and 2
• The collection of work-related road accident statistics
• Help for employers to manage occupational road risk
• Self-assessment tools to enable older drivers to stay on the road safely for longer
• Action to improve young driver safety
For more information contact: