Title: Drive it Home (young drivers' campaign)
Organisation: National Federation of Young Farmers' Clubs (NFYFC)
Date uploaded: 24th April 2013
Date published/launched: November 2012
Many YFCs will have lost members in tragic road accidents and statistics show that rural young drivers are 37% more likely to be injured in a road accident than those who live in urban areas.
The Drive it Home campaign aims to:
• Educate YFC members on how to stay safe on rural roads and change attitudes to help them become better drivers.
• Create Drive it Home Champions to promote safer driving in their local communities and peer groups.
• Offer opportunities for YFC members to improve their driving skills.
• Ensure that all 644 Young Farmers Clubs deliver some form of road safety awareness training in 2013.
• Carry out further research to better understand the common causes of crashes involving rural young drivers and investigate differing regional trends.
For more information contact:
T: 02476 857 212
Help Forum posts
Safety camera vehicle event attendance
Julie Smith (07.03.19)
Parent parking and congestion outside schools
Matthew McDonald (05.03.19)
Seatbelt campaign effectiveness
Marion Sinclair (27.02.19)
Model Puffin Crossing for Training/Demonstration
Marion Creswell (25.02.19)
Travel Training for students with SEN
Jenny Wright (20.02.19)